We could talk about the endless holiday specials that kick off the holiday season in November on Netflix. Or we could talk about comedy specials like the fifth stand-up set from Iliza Schlesinger. Or we could talk about the return of The Crown. Or we could talk about the Queer Eye folks heading to Japan. Or we could talk about any of the dozens of other originals Netflix has headed our way this November.
Oh, look at that. We just did.
So let’s just get right to it; this is everything Netflix is bring us in November 2019.
Everything you could possibly want
What’s that? You somehow don’t have a Netflix account? Let’s take care of that, shall we? Because it’s got more content than you have hours in your life. Think about that for a minute.
Coming soon to Netflix
- Levius (Netflix Anime): With the casualties of war still haunting him, young Levius uses his prosthetic arm to take his fight into the brutal world of Mecha Boxing.
Coming to Netflix on Nov. 1, 2019
- American Son (Netflix television event): Based on the acclaimed Broadway play, the Netflix Television Event AMERICAN SON tells the story of Kendra Ellis-Connor (Emmy-nominee Kerry Washington), the mother of a missing teenage boy, as she struggles to put the pieces together in a South Florida police station. Steven Pasquale, Jeremy Jordan and Eugene Lee also reprise their roles in the adaptation which presents four distinct viewpoints, while also navigating the unique dynamic of an interracial couple trying to raise a mixed-race son. AMERICAN SON by Christopher Demos-Brown is directed by Tony Award winner Kenny Leon. Washington and Pilar Savone executive produce under Washington’s banner Simpson Street. Jeffrey Richards and Rebecca Gold also serve as executive producers.
- Atypical: Season 3 (Netflix Original): As Sam heads into his first year of college, he grapples with new challenges, from making friends to managing his schedule.
- Drive (Netflix Film): A notorious thief allies with a street racer for a grand heist involving an elaborate game of deceit with authorities, who have their own dirty secrets.
- Fire in Paradise (Netflix Documentary): This documentary short chronicles the Camp Fire tragedy in Paradise, CA, beginning the morning of November 8, 2018. The film charts the course and consequences of the harrowing disaster — part of a terrifying new trend in California wildfires, and the deadliest fire in the United States in over 100 years — through personal interviews and first-hand video footage from survivors and emergency responders.
- Hache (Netflix Original): Created by Verónica Fernández and directed by Jorge Torregrossa (La vida inesperada, Cocaine Coast, Velvet Collection), Hache is a tale inspired by true events. It tells the story of Helena (Adriana Ugarte), a prostitute who starts as a simple pawn in the hands of Malpica (Javier Rey), the head of a gangster band that operates in Barcelona in the 1960s. But a steep and hazardous learning curve takes Helena from the lowest rung of the organization to the top, seizing control of its heroin operation.
- Hello Ninja (Netflix Family): BFFs Wesley and Georgie and their silly cat sidekick Pretzel transform into ninjas and enter a magic world, where they solve problems and save the day.
- Holiday in the Wild (Netflix Film): To keep her spirits high when their son leaves for college, Manhattanite Kate Conrad (Kristin Davis) has booked a ‘second honeymoon’ with her husband. Instead of thanking her, he brings their relationship to a sudden end; jilted Kate proceeds to Africa for a solo safari. During a detour through Zambia, she helps her pilot, Derek Holliston (Rob Lowe), rescue an orphaned baby elephant. They nurse him back to health at a local elephant sanctuary, and Kate extends her stay through Christmastime. Far from the modern luxuries of home, Kate thrives amidst majestic animals and scenery. Her love for the new surroundings just might extend to the man who shared her journey.
- The King (Netflix Film): Hal (Timothée Chalamet), wayward prince and reluctant heir to the English throne, has turned his back on royal life and is living among the people. But when his tyrannical father dies, Hal is crowned King Henry V and is forced to embrace the life he had previously tried to escape. Now the young king must navigate the palace politics, chaos and war his father left behind, and the emotional strings of his past life — including his relationship with his closest friend and mentor, the ageing alcoholic knight, John Falstaff (Joel Edgerton). Directed by David Michôd and co-written by Michôd and Edgerton, THE KING co-stars Sean Harris, Ben Mendelsohn, Robert Pattinson, and Lily-Rose Depp.
- The Man Without Gravity (Netflix Film): A gravity-defying baby raised in seclusion matures into an extraordinary man — and an international celebrity — but longs for an ordinary life.
- Queer Eye: We’re in Japan! (Netflix original): The Fab Five – Antoni Porowski (Food & Wine), Bobby Berk (Interior Design), Jonathan Van Ness (Grooming), Karamo Brown (Culture), and Tan France (Fashion) – will bring their expertise to Tokyo, working to make-better four heroes while experiencing Japanese cuisine, fashion, design, grooming and culture firsthand.
- True: Grabbleapple Harvest (Netflix Family): It’s Grabbleapple harvest season in the Rainbow Kingdom … but Glummy Glooma doesn’t want autumn to come. Can True and her friends save the festival?
- We Are the Wave (Netflix Original): A mysterious classmate leads four idealistic teens in a revolt against a rising tide of nationalistic fervor, but their movement takes a dark turn.
Also coming to Netflix on Nov. 1, 2019
- Apache Warrior
- Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures: Go Team Roberts: Season 1
- Billy on the Street
- Christmas Break-In
- Christmas in the Heartlands
- Christmas Survival
- Elliot the Littlest Reindeer
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- Holly Star
- How to Be a Latin Lover
- Love Jones
- Mars: Season 2
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans: Seasons 1-2
- Paid in Full
- Rosemary’s Baby
- Santa Girl
- Sling Blade
- Spitfire: The Plane that Saved the World
- Step Brothers
- The Christmas Candle
- The Deep: Season 3
- The Game
- The Matrix
- The Matrix Reloaded
- The Matrix Revolutions
- Up North
- Wild Child
Coming to Netflix on Nov. 4, 2019
- A Holiday Engagement
- Christmas Crush
- Dear Santa
- The Devil Next Door (Netflix Documentary): A Cleveland grandfather stands accused of an Earth-shattering crime — being the infamous Nazi concentration camp guard known as Ivan the Terrible.
- District 9…….Read More>>