Ever thought you deserved a gold medal for how much you spend on flights and hotels? The American Express Platinum Card is one shade better.
Apply for the American Express Platinum Card by the 25th of September 2019, be approved and meet the spend criteria to receive up to 150,000 Membership Rewards Points. That’s 50,000 points for each month you spend $1,500 in the first 3 months.
Considering those points can then be transferred to 10 major frequent flyer programs, this could bring your Amalfi Coast jaunt one step closer (or one class higher).
Key benefits of the American Express Platinum Card include:
- Receive up to 150,000 Membership Rewards Points when you apply by the 25th of September 2019, are approved and spend at least $1,500 per month in the first three months. That’s 50,000 points each month!
- Up to 44 cash flow days and no pre-set spending limit.
- $450 Travel Credit each year.
- Access to 1,200+ Airport Lounges in more than 130 countries.
- The right to bring one guest into Priority Pass Lounges at no extra cost.
- Complimentary Priority Pass membership for one of your Additional Platinum Card Members.
- Being fast tracked up the tiers of hotel loyalty programs.
- Savings of up to 20% on First and Business class flight bookings.
- Complimentary travel insurance when you book and pay for travel with your Platinum Card.
How do the rewards work? You will earn 2.25 Membership Rewards points for every dollar you spend on your card, except at government bodies in Australia (where you will earn 1 Membership Rewards point per dollar you spend).
You can also earn more points by adding up to four Additional Platinum Cards to your Account for friends or family, at no extra cost.
Plus, there’s no cap on your earn rate, so you’ll continue to earn up to 2.25 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent no matter how much you spend per year.
These points can be transferred to 10 major Airline Reward Partner programs including Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer, Emirates Skywards and Air New Zealand Airpoints.
That First class flight might be closer than you think.
The American Express Platinum Card also provides you with Fine Hotels and Resorts benefits at more than 1,000 5-star properties worldwide, which can include daily breakfast for two people, room upgrades, early check ins and late check outs.
Finally, joining the program gives you access to Platinum Concierge – a (digital) personal assistant whose raison d’être is to arrange incredible travel and dining experiences that will make your sojourns all the more unforgettable.